A Google Places listing is almost a necessity for small local businesses. It is an easy way to enhance your revenues while making the minimum amount of investment – because getting your business registered on Google Places is absolutely FREE. You must be thinking “How do I get my business on Google Places”? This article will provide the few simple steps required to register on Google Places.
For those wondering why Google Places is important, here a powerful stat: approximately 97 percent of consumers search for local businesses online.
When consumers search for a local business on Google, it provides consumer with a list of businesses registered with Google Places and all the details regarding the business provided by business owners. Google also allows reviews about the businesses to appear in the search providing an advantage to both the consumers and the businesses.
Having a Google Places account can enhance the online presence of your business greatly. Whether your business has a physical outlet or you are running an online business, you can target your audience by specifying your area of operations. Following are a few steps which will guide you how to get your business on Google Places:
Making Your Business Appear
You can sign up for Google Places in a short time, probably a few minutes. It’s a simple and hassle-free process with some very profound results. Here is a step-by-step process through which you can get on Google Places:
- First, you will need a Google account. Even if you have a personal Google account, it is advisable to create a separate business account with your business name.
- After you have an account, you can sign up for Google Places by visiting http://www.google.com/places/ and clicking on the “Get Started” tab.
- Sign in with your Google account. You will be required to enter your country name and phone number of your business line. Google will check for any already existing listing of your business.
- Once it is confirmed that your business is not already listed on Google Places, you can proceed to add information. Your basic information will include company name, e-mail address, website (optional), business address, phone number, zip code, a brief description of your business and your business category. Your business category plays the role of search keywords. You can add more than one category however, more than two category keywords seem inappropriate.
- You will further need to provide your operating timings, your available payment options and your delivery procedure.
- You can add relevant photos and videos of your business or products. Adding photos and videos can improve your rank during search results.
- You can also add additional information about your business. The more information you make available, the more higher ranking your business is likely to get. When you have added all the essential information, you can click the “Submit” button.
- Google will now ask you to validate your business. In a week or two, you will receive a pin code at your business address. Once you get it, you will be required to log in to your Google Places account and enter the pin. Google Places adds new business to its page only after the pin is entered.
- Your business is now listed on Google Places. Anyone searching for your business category in your local area will be able to view your business details.
Google Places – Ideal for Small Businesses
Google Places can be an ideal place for small business owners to market their business for free and get a large number of relevant customer responses easily. Google Places also allows you to add information about seasonal promotions you might be offering or other information at different times. Your business can largely benefit from a Google Place listing. However, maintaining the Google Places account is just like any other aspect of your marketing efforts, and needs to regularly maintained to ensure the listing’s accuracy.
Now that you know how to get a Google Place page, you can get started and get your business listed on the most widely used search engine on Earth. You can add a local business and make it appear for all your right audience, wherever you want in the world, with no costs involved. For small businesses with low budget, this is surely an easy win!.