I don’t often write reviews, but when I happen to find a service or product that I think will make it easier for business owners to run their business, I’m all too happy to provide one about online time tracking and billing software. As a business owner myself, I realize that there are many, many different areas we need to wear a ‘master’ hat, and unless we hire someone to run every area, that’s nearly impossible.
Even if we hired someone to run the areas such as tracking time, organizing our expenses, managing multiple projects, invoicing various clients, and even something as simple as accepting and collecting payments, it could be very costly…just in payroll.
What if I were to tell you that there is online time tracking and billing software that could meet all those needs, without having to hire multiple employees, or wear multiple ‘master’ hats? Let me introduce you to Bill4Time.
What is Bill4Time?
Before I actually move forward with the review, let me quickly explain what Bill4Time claims to do for business owners.
Bill4Time is complete billing software, and is stirring significant interest among online and offline business owners. This is a web based time tracking system, with multiple other features such as organizing your projects, sending out invoices to your clients, and a built in way to accept payments.
It is a web-based program. What this means is that you have the ability to access it easily from anywhere or anytime with a Mac, PC, or even your Smart Phone.
Who is Bill4Time Designed to Help?
Bill4Time designed this time and billing software for anyone who has a business, whether that is online, or offline. They took into consideration entrepreneurs who are interested in seeing an increase in their bottom line and become more productive in the business.
In other words, are you tracking your billable time on spreadsheets, journals, or even memory? If so, this program was designed so you don’t have to worry about organization any longer. They have developed an easy to manage system where you can also utilize email invoicing and manage your projects in one simple to use program.
If you want to be in front of the curve, on top of the latest software to make it easy to do many functions under one umbrella, then they have pretty much designed this for you, and people just like you.
How Bill4Time can Help You Succeed
Every program offers something for the consumer. If they didn’t, nobody would utilize their system. However what they offer, and how well it actually works can vary within programs of the same niche. So, I am going to share with you some of the perks of this program first, before talking about actual value.
Here are some key points Bill4Time says it offers, which most of us would find valuable in an online time tracking and billing software:
- Tracking. Bill4Time allows for the ability to track valuable information such as time and expenses. Perhaps the most intriguing part of this application is that you can get rid of the mundane and messy paper or document tracking. You no longer would need spreadsheets all over the office, or various programs and documents on your computer. It can all be done under this one program, quickly and easily. With one-click entry capability, you will be able to enter your data, keep track of it, and run reports when you need to.
- Invoicing. You will be able to accommodate most billing issues. After you have entered the information, you will be able to send out professional invoices to your clients in just minutes. This could be done through standard mail or email for a fast, convenient, and less expensive option.
- Portability. In today’s market, portability is a must for online time tracking software. Bill4Time offers it in 3 different ways with their mobile app, online access, as well as their desktop widget. The mobile application is great for anyone who works on the run and doesn’t want to carry their laptop with them at all times just to keep track of timing and billing. Online access makes it easy to access anywhere you are with Internet service, and the desktop widget allows you to enter data, without the Internet. All information will track while you are offline, then automatically sync to your account the next time you go online.
- Management. With this web based time tracking software you can also manage your projects and client information. The ability to manage all your project information, as well as various client details within the same billing program should help you stay more organized than ever.
- Monitoring. Along with online time tracking, invoicing, and management of your projects, comes the ability to run reports when you want, for whatever you want. You will be able to determine where your strong areas are within the business, as well as your weak points. It also allows you the ability to quickly provide your clients with detailed information on their account.
These are a few of the perks associated with Bill4Time, and seem impressive at a glance. But, a sales pitch can always seem impressive if done right. So, let’s take a look at the true value of this online time tracking and billing software, when it comes to cost and consumer opinion.
The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly from the Consumers
Even though you can find many, many time tracking software reviews and testimonials on Bill4Time’s site, I wanted to find another review that might not be as biased, or ‘handpicked’.
Dustin Wheeler, a CPA, wrote an enlightening review in 2011. Feeling that the program is best suited for a small to midsize company, he listed the strengths as the multiple options for keeping track of time, ease of online payment collections, scheduling, and flexibility in billing rates.
However, Mr. Wheeler felt even though Bill4Time will customize templates at no cost, customizing invoices and reports is somewhat limited.
These are all legitimate praises and complaints, from everything I can tell…and all lead to a good product.
What is the True Value of this Program?
Of course, it really doesn’t matter how good a program is, if it doesn’t hold value. And, the only way it holds value is if the service is worth the cost of using it. When it comes to what the service is worth, it comes down to what consumers are saying, which I talked about above.
But, as to the actual cost there really isn’t any grey area, as it’s in print right on their site. Here is the break down on the pricing after a free 30 day trial:
- Free is free and includes 3 clients, and 5 projects, with no option for additional users
- Lite ($19.99/month) includes 20 clients, 30 projects, and $9.99/month per additional user
- Pro ($39.99/month) includes unlimited clients, unlimited projects, and $9.99-19.99/month per additional user
As you can see, the price is very reasonable, especially when you factor in all the features included. Combine the favorable opinions and actual cost and you have one of the best time tracking software programs around and a great value, in my opinion.
Easy to Start
The bottom line is that if you are looking for an easy-to-use online time tracking and billing software program, then you might want to give this one a try. Simply go to their site and sign up for a 30 day free trial to see if it will be a good fit for your business.
In that time, you should be able to determine if it meets your needs in tracking time and expenses, as well as managing projects, client information, and sending out invoices. It will also give you enough time to see if which plan you want to use.
It seems to me that it is well worth giving a try.